Should I Undertake Regular Planned Maintenance?
Yes! A thermographic scan detects problems that you can fix during scheduled maintenance windows/downtime. This enables your system to operate at maximum efficiency, improving the reliability and cost-efficiency of your business.
Beyond that, staying on top of potential problems also improves the safety of the asset under your control. Thermal imaging should be used as a vehicle to facilitate early detection of equipment failure:
- Ensures a higher level of plant safety
- Reduces the possibility of fire
- Reduces the chance of critical downtime
- Reduces the possibility of loss of production
- Assists you in meeting your OH&S guidelines
- Assists you in meeting your insurance obligations
Insurance companies recommend performing this type of diagnostic survey regularly. It is mandatory in some policies, as thermal imaging is recognised as a brilliant method of fire prevention.
ANSI/NFPA 70B Electrical Equipment Maintenance Standard states that infrared inspections of electrical equipment should be performed annually.